12.31.2008

Hello Cupcake!

I'm spending a lovely evening in baking up a storm while my honey's been cooking a big new year's eve dinner for the two of us. Last year was the first year I had made a New Year's resolution that was not only constructive, but realistically attainable. This year, I'll up the ante from learning 8 new recipes to learning 9 new recipes. I figured there was no better way to get off to a good start then by taking a stab at making cupcakes and frosting from scratch.
I got a cupcake decorating set for Christmas this year (something I've been wanting to play around with) and had the perfect night to sit down and do exactly that. I've never made any baked goods that weren't from a box before, so this was quite a personal feat! I made my favorite kind of cupcake, red velvet, and used this recipe from Paula Deen on the Food Network. Yes, there were 2 whole sticks of "buttah" involved in the making of said cream cheese frosting..."Hey y'all."
The night before January 1st counts as one of my new recipes for the new year, right? Right...only 8 to go!
Pin It

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to read and comment here in my little world. I read each of your thoughts, opinions, tips, and stories shared and oftentimes engage right here in the comments section. Please keep those comments coming and know how much your readership is appreciated!