6.27.2010

Antique Industrial Laundry Carts


As of late, industrial and commercial grade essentials of the past have been at the top of my decorating frame of mind. One detail I've been fixating on for months is an industrial size canvas laundry cart complete with casters. Not only would one be great for actually doing the laundry, but just think of all the unique storage solutions one of these babies could solve: bathroom towel display, cleaning supply cart, a magazine and afghan caddy for the family room...oh the possibilities.

Find a newer version in production carried at Restoration Hardware, or snag a rare antique original version right here on Etsy. Both versions have been made in the USA. Know where I can find more of these laundry carts? Let me know where in the comments, I'd love to take a longing look at other varieties.
Pin It

5 comments:

  1. Leave it to Restoration Hardware! What a cool item to have in your home...I would imagine that hotels might have some leftovers?This is the first that I have come across these.
    Fun!
    Nathalie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, these are great, Mary. I'd love to have them in my house. I wonder what they do with all the carts from hotels that go out of business or are converted into apartments. I may just have to find out.

    xoSherry

    ReplyDelete
  3. I actually just bought about 30 of different sizes at auction. A girdle company near me went out of business and auctioned off everything they own. Let me know if you would like to buy some. They look to be very old by the design of the castors.

    ReplyDelete
  4. unknown, can you list sizes and what prices you would like?
    TKLAD

    ReplyDelete
  5. unknown, can you list sizes and what prices you would like?
    TKLAD

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read and comment here in my little world. I read each of your thoughts, opinions, tips, and stories shared and oftentimes engage right here in the comments section. Please keep those comments coming and know how much your readership is appreciated!