5.01.2009

Alternatives to the traditional vase

Lately, I've been really into the idea of using household items as flower displays. I've been sprucing up my space here and there with odds and ends as the weather continues to hint at spring. Below I've used a water pitcher from a restaurant I used to work for, and a glass sauce bottle to house recent blooms.

Getting ready for dinner...

Getting ready for dinner...

Lilacs in a sauce jar

Lilacs in a sauce jar

Before you go looking for that same old glass vase in your cupboard, take a look around at what else there might be to add a touch of je ne sais quoi. You just might surprise yourself.
Pin It

1 comment:

  1. I bought tulips this morning. After reading your post, I decided to put them in an old "beer mug" I got from my grand-mother. It looks wonderful, plus I get to see a precious souvenir that is ususaly kept in the back of a cupboard! Thank you:)

    Patricia
    www.verredesign.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read and comment here in my little world. I read each of your thoughts, opinions, tips, and stories shared and oftentimes engage right here in the comments section. Please keep those comments coming and know how much your readership is appreciated!